We are still in San Antonio (year and a half now...phew!) and really getting settled in. Our house is becoming more and more ours and we are really enjoying the neighborhood and its downtown locale. We have recently had some "yard work" completed. We now have grass in place of the weeds out front and grass has replaced mulched beds out back in the hopes that the kids will have more area for play. We also had a new patio put in. This new addition has really made outdoor dining such a pleasure and we're looking forward to having some outdoor gatherings!
We have really enjoyed getting to know our neighborhood on foot. Last Sunday's walk took us to the the center of downtown via the world renown Riverwalk which we can hop on via a footbridge that's just a couple blocks away. It's quite a beautiful stroll along the river, with pathways smooth enough to allow a three year old to run to her heart's content with only her own two feet to trip her up (quite an important detail since the sidewalks near home are very precarious), Cade enjoys the view from his daddy's back and is happy to be carried along for hours, and mommy and daddy love how happy the kids are!

Speaking of the little tyrants... Eliana is a beautiful three year old quickly going on 16. *groan* She continues to go to daycare five days a week and has been astounding us with her rapid acquisition of both the English and Spanish languages. She actually is also learning bits and pieces of my mom's language, Ede, and speaks a fourth... unfortunately she's the only one who speaks this fourth language, so don't ask me what she's saying. She is very fluent in it though! She loves doing lots and LOTS of art, playing with her baby dolls, and taking care of her baby brother who she calls "Guapo". She's high energy, high maintenance, and highly likely to turn my head completely gray before I get to 35.
Cade is a very determined eight months old. He started sprouting teeth during the holidays and hasn't quit yet. Teeth nine and ten are popping up soon to be followed, I'm sure, by 11 and 12. He's crawling all over the place and is sure trying his hardest to figure out the whole walking thing. He can NOT wait to catch up to his big sissy! Just the sight of her sends him into a fit of giggles and muscle spasms that threaten to throw him out of the arms of anyone holding him! Very cute! He's definitely a golden boy... all smiles, very happy, very social! Let's hope he stays that way. I personally think he deserves the nickname Eliana has given him, just look at that face! Cade's latest accomplishment is clapping. He now claps when ever he sees his sister, his daddy or the dog. Mommy has to ask him to clap for her...
Well, I could go on... but I'm sure we'll all be happiest if I just quit while ahead! I hope this blog (how weird to write that) finds you well and maybe plants the bug to come and visit the Shelhamers! I will post more pics of our lovely town soon!
8 comments:
Great to get caught up on your lovely family! Hope I can visit you one of these days...
I'm all for communication. This is a great new addition. Thanks!
We're inspired to come for a visit this spring and check out how much the kiddos have grown since Thanksgiving!
Hey guys! I love the blog idea, it is so much easier to post things here and then let people see it as they want rather than sending crazy long e-mails with multiple attachments. Thanks for the updates, your kids are beautiful and I'm so sad we live oceans away, it would be fun to head to the zoo with Cade and Julian while the older kids are at school:)
Yeah! Glad to see you're blogging! Such cute kiddos you have. Sounds like they are keeping you busy!
Isn't blogging fun? Nice to catch up on what you, Mehdi and the kiddos have been up to :)
So sweet to hear about your little beauties. We miss you all very much.
Lotsa love,
The O'Gormley Clan
Hiya! I can barely keep up with this tech stuff either (or my life)! Think of you often! I'm going to the VVS reunion this year. Hint. Hint. Probably too much with the new little guy, but think about it. xoxo
Post a Comment